The Jefferson County Fair is right around the corner and we can’t wait for all the Fun to begin. Below are a few updates to make your Jefferson County Fair experience a success:
- Stalling: Near capacity beef entry numbers. Tack space will be limited so only bring what you NEED. Each club/chapter leader must contact Superintendent Deb Kind 920.674.9234 or email@example.com by July 2nd to confirm an accurate number of animals your club will be exhibiting. The more accurate the animal count the more accommodations for space can be made in advance. If we do not here from your club by July 2nd, your club will get less space and it may not be together.
Stall assignments will be posted in the barn by Saturday July 3rd at Noon. You can come anytime after that to decorate.
- If you are planning on bringing a fan cage, it must fit in between the main supports for two animals or 7 feet. If you are bringing one animal it must go down to 3’6”.Fan cages which are set up too big will be removed. If you plan to share a 7’cage with an exhibitor from another club please let me know by July 2nd and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Beef Cattle Arrival: Begins Monday, July 5 from 6 to 9 pm. Beef superintendents must check the cattle on the trailer before they can be unloaded and will check cattle in until 9 pm, cattle not checked in and unloaded by 9 pm must wait until Tuesday morning at 6 am to unload.
Market steers must be in place for grading by Tuesday, July 6th at 7 am. If you miss the grading process you will not be eligible to sell.
All Beef Cattle must be in place by Tuesday, July 6th at 8 am.
- Breeding Cattle and feeders will begin checking in at 8 am. Make sure your registration papers are in order, and tattoos are correct according to the papers. ORIGINAL PAPERS ARE REQUIRED, NO FAXES OR COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please stay by your animals until you are checked in.
- Weigh in for market animals will begin at 9 am.
- There will be no fitting tent provided by Fair but you are welcome to set up a tent on the west and south sides of the barn to fit your animals. All tents must be taken down and put away within one hour after completion of show. No tents will be allowed to be kept up near the barn for the duration of the Fair.
- FITTING RULES: if you do not know all the rules find a fair book and read them, the rules will be enforced.
- Limit of 2 grooming chutes per family.
- We need exhibitor help setting up (Tuesday) and taking down the show ring (Wednesday). Take down will be right after the beef show so the hog show can be set up. EVERY EXHIBITOR IS EXPECTED TO HELP EITHER SET UP OR TAKE DOWN!A sign-up sheet will be available at Check-ins on Tuesday, July 6th.
- We need to keep the wash rack clean at all times, do not leave anything laying around, clean up after yourself.
- Livestock Trailers: Each family will be allowed to have a trailer on site for tack/feed storage. Contact the fair office if you have not already made your reservations.
- Questions related to the show or stalling should be directed to the Beef Superintendents. Jeff and Deb Kind.
- Questions related to the Auction should be directed to the MAP Committee, not the Beef Superintendents.
Remember the FAIR should be a fun experience for everyone so let’s make it that way again this year. We are very excited to have a 2021 Fair after missing our time together last year. So let the FAIR FUN BEGIN!
Jefferson County Fair Beef Superintendents,
Jeff and Deb Kind